Help with an AIR HORN wiring diagram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am doing this one job for a female friend... her father installed an air compressor on her truck to run the air horn and he did a unprofessional job say the least. Another person tried to wire the horn and it doesn't work... they have the horns connected direct power to the battery... what I wanted to do for her was to make it so she could flick the switch to activate the air compressor and then have a push button for the horn... for whatever reason they never attempted to install a button and thought by flicking the switch it would make the horns work.... my idea was to run a switch from the 85 terminal and then 87 to compressor and compressor to air horn... would the 86 then also be spliced into the main power wire? Would that work or be best? If anyone could please make me a diagram or explain it clearly in text or both for the best way to do it...I am gonna rip everything out and start new. Also, shouldn't there be a regulator on the compressor, because there is none?

Reaction score
pin 30 should go to fused connection to the battery
pin 87 or 87A should go to positive wire on air compressor
Pin 85 should go to ground
Pin 86 should come from toggle switch

The push button to activate the horns won't take too much power so it shouldn't need a relay. Just power from battery to switch to air valve.