help me with my build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i have a 90 chevy 1500 2wd standard cab and long bed with a 4.3 and a 5 speed stick. it does not like to move in the snow so i want to make it 4x4 to help. i have already found a donor frame to use, it has everything i need to make this swap work. the frame is from a similar truck (same body style but not sure of the year was told it is a 88 or 89, once the guy gets back to me on the price i will see the title and know for sure) and has dual 25 or 34 gal fuel tanks and the entire driveline frome the tranny back. i have done some research on this and so far it seems like a standard drop off the old and bolt on the new, but some areas are still fuzzy. the biggest thing is the motor mounts. since the donor frame had the 350 on it this falls under a 350 swap but in reverse. my problem is that i have yet to find anyone who can say anything for sure. i have heard that they are the same, they are different, they have to move and wether you can just unbolt and move them or you have to weld in new ones. please help me with whatever wisdom you have and some wise pics would be a great help.