Hellwig rear sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
Alright so today I installed a rear sway bar on my 1996 Chevy k1500 RCSB and it was a royal pain in the ass literally as I was on the ground all day and figuratively as it took forever to get it to adjust right.

My dad and I installed a hellwig rear sway bar on his 2016 Toyota tundra, the installation of that was smooth and took only like 3 hours at the most.

Anyone done one of these before On a Chevy and had a similar experience?

I will update with pics tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
There are numerous versions of "hell wig" style helper springs out there. My question is are you goin for load stability or handling? My work truck (c3500) has a set of helper springs do to the amount of tools in the utility boxes and it was a straight forward few hour install

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
There are numerous versions of "hell wig" style helper springs out there. My question is are you goin for load stability or handling? My work truck (c3500) has a set of helper springs do to the amount of tools in the utility boxes and it was a straight forward few hour install
Well it wasn't springs it was a rear sway bar and I was going for stability. It improved but it was a PITA.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk