Hello From Wyoming!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MouthForWar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
New owner from Wyoming here. Was just gifted a '92 K1500 Z71 (5.7) by my longtime neighbors. Although my dad had the deisel version when I was growing up, this is my first truck of this gen (actually my first truck, ever...as embarrassing as that is, being from WY lol. Always been a car guy.)

Anyway, she was a work truck...and I mean, 5-6,000 lb. loads every day for a long time. Definition of workhorse. She's been retired into my care at 295k miles. Neighbors knew we desperately needed a truck of any kind and just gave it to us, which pretty much blew me away.

Anyway, she's got a few issues obviously, with this many miles and after being a workhorse, but it will be a nice project for me.

I've already begun working on it and have actually lurked these forums for a while searching for answers on a few things, haha. So hi all!

It is currently sitting in my garage torn apart. Am chasing a slight stumble at hot idle, especially in gear, as well as low oil pressure. After a variety of small precautionary measures (IAC, plugs, wires, cap/rotor, 02 sensor, CTS, PVC, heavier oil/new filter, OPS, fuel filter), I decided to tear it down and do the intake mani gaskets...which were decimated to say the least. However, I ended up with two self-inflicted problems:

1) Stripped the fuel injector pod where the fuel line connectors screw in, so now I gotta wait on a new pod (I know, I'm a dumb s%$#);

2) Was having problems getting the supply line to reach the pod at one point to reconnect; ended up bending the line pretty good (probably 50%?) pulling on it and twisting it. (I know, I'm a dumb s%$# x2.) Hoping this won't be too much of a problem, considering the low amounts of pressure these things require. Replacement line looks to be almost $100 and Alldata claims it's a 6-hour job. (Looks easier than that to me, but w/e.) Would like to avoid that.

Good thing is, while I'm sitting on my hands waiting for a new pod, I took the old one apart for s%$#s and giggles...as I was unfamiliar with how this system works. Everything I've owned has been newer and much different in fuel delivery system (Example: my current other vehicle is an '08 Ford Fusion 3.0L Duratec). So it's afforded me the opportunity to learn a bunch by tearing things apart. Haha.

Well, I think I've rambled enough. Didn't really know where else to put "my story" other than stick it in with my introduction. Lol. Anyway, thanks to everyone on this site...y'all have already helped a ton in the last few weeks of my lurking.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated!

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your project. I trouble with having your first truck is you will now feel the need to always own a truck.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your project. I trouble with having your first truck is you will now feel the need to always own a truck.
This statement is so true it hurts

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

MouthForWar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha; thanks guys. I've always had a friend or family member around with a truck that I could borrow, so buying one wasn't really high on my radar until recently when they all moved away, haha.

Fell in love with this thing right off the bat. Now I'm kicking myself for it being down and torn apart for a week or two. Was only supposed to be a day or two.

Can't wait to get it running again.

1ATony

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for joining, it's great to have you here

Tony