Hello from Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cnowalk

Geologist
Reaction score
After wanting a truck for a long time, last weekend I picked up a 1998 C1500 with a 5.7. It has 188k on it and still runs and drives well. Nothing crazy planned, but I've replaced the grille, headlights, and changed the oil. I was going to change the transmission fluid and filter, but I was spurned by the crossmember blocking the bolts along the back edge. I bought new side mirrors from Rock Auto, but I can't get a wrench in there to get the nuts off. Somehow I got the nuts off the driver's side mirror and got two on the new mirror, but the glass shakes really badly while driving. If I can get the mirror back off I am going to return them and get tow mirrors down the road. The truck has the cowl water leak, so I siliconed that one screw under the piece on the right end of the cowl. I hope that's all it is and not something deeper and hard to get to. It also leaks from the third brake light and the top of both extended cab windows. I've got a new third brake light on the way but I'm not sure what I'll do about the windows.
You must be registered for see images attach