Hello From Detroit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr_Lurch

Reaction score
This is my first OBS. It was my grandfather's who chose to give it to me since my Lincoln is falling apart (go figure). 350/auto. 130k. Been sitting for a year or so. I've replaced plugs, wires, distributor cap, oil, battery, fuel pump and filter. Just need to get a new mount and straps (horribly rusted). A couple tires and she'll be ready to run again. Now, I know that the drive-train in these are basically legendary but, what are common issues with these? Any input would be appreciated

You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome and good looking truck. Common issues kinda depend on what year, tbi 350 vs vortec 350

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Common issues:
Intake manifold gaskets deteriorate & allow coolant into oiling system. Helical gear at bottom of distributor shaft deteriorates to cause misfiring.

Both can be fixed as part of the same project.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Most of the common issues were already mentioned. Once you have it running rite, you will have a better idea of what else it needs.