Hello Everyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98SilverOtto

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to welcome me guys. I'm all gasoline though, so I'm thinking more along the lines of an 8.1 vortec or 454 with a manual but that's just talk at this point and honestly if that stock 350 stays healthy, she does the job. Much respect for the diesels they just don't fit in my shop. Out of all the forums I checked out, you guys always had the best, most accurate info!

Big Noler

Reaction score
What up everyone. well i signed up a while ago but never did what 98silverotto did and said hello. so hello everyone. i also never really come on here much but i plan on it now since i hope to learn a lot on this site haha i own this 99 ck1500. i had to take the rims off recently since they were too heavy :(
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Van Gui1d3r #838

Free Thinker
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to welcome me guys. I'm all gasoline though, so I'm thinking more along the lines of an 8.1 vortec or 454 with a manual but that's just talk at this point and honestly if that stock 350 stays healthy, she does the job. Much respect for the diesels they just don't fit in my shop. Out of all the forums I checked out, you guys always had the best, most accurate info!

absolutely GORGEOUS rig man! and there is nothing wrong with a gasser in my books. I have a carb swapped 454 in my dually now. love it!

TravisR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I both drive older vehicles, but I do my best to keep them looking just as nice as the new ones.

This is great to hear. Too many people treat vehicles like disposable razors -- use them up and throw them away. A good truck will last a lifetime if you take care of it.

I love the black on yours. I plan on painting mine black this summer.

i also never really come on here much but i plan on it now since i hope to learn a lot on this site haha i own this 99 ck1500.

Are you sure that's a 1999 model? I thought 98 was the last non-heavy duty year for GMT400s like the one in your pic.

Big Noler

Reaction score
This is great to hear. Too many people treat vehicles like disposable razors -- use them up and throw them away. A good truck will last a lifetime if you take care of it.

I love the black on yours. I plan on painting mine black this summer.

Are you sure that's a 1999 model? I thought 98 was the last non-heavy duty year for GMT400s like the one in your pic.

Yeah... I am sure of it. Its the last of the GMT400's, right before the GMT800 "Silverado" was introduced also in 1999. Last of its kind :)

98SilverOtto

Reaction score
I really appreciate the nice comments everyone, by the time I got to the bottom of the page reading, I felt like I had a small army behind me. Lol :) Yes it is a lot of work, but the few times a year my grandpa gets to see "his old truck" he lights up like it was the day he bought it. Makes him feel good. I also agree with many of you, that this style truck was a good truck, and a regular weekend warrior can still keep it running! Keeping it from rusting is actually more difficult. :-( I know a lot of you are I the same boat. There are some sweet trucks on this forum and I still stole some ideas! :)