Hedman Hedders 69390

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the JBA titanium ceramic coated shorties on my L29, they fit great, look great, and seem to be of very good quality. But they come at a very hefty price. It should be noted that to run their headers you have to buy their mid pipes, they have a ball & socket type connection. This adds about $200 to the total price, which sucks, but they are 3" mandrel bend stainless steel and the connection won't leak.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I have the JBA titanium ceramic coated shorties on my L29, they fit great, look great, and seem to be of very good quality. But they come at a very hefty price. It should be noted that to run their headers you have to buy their mid pipes, they have a ball & socket type connection. This adds about $200 to the total price, which sucks, but they are 3" mandrel bend stainless steel and the connection won't leak.
Any chance you could get pictures of the setup? I'm curious how their crossover pipe works and if it would work to tie into the factory system forward the cats.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any chance you could get pictures of the setup? I'm curious how their crossover pipe works and if it would work to tie into the factory system forward the cats.

I'll try to get some tonight. They do make it so you can tie in before the cats, which is nice. Really the swap wasn't too bad.

The worst part was removing the rusted out old headers, which leads to my next point of not buying plain steel headers if you live anywhere that sees salt. Mine only lasted two years before the collector had rusted apart, but I also had put header wrap on them which trapped moisture.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Big D, what is the part number of the Doug Thorley headers?
Do yu have a set on a big block 4x4 the same generation as my 96 K2500?

thy-303y-c

I put em on a 2wd Dually 1991. I dont think doug thorley makes headers for our trucks anymore, I bought mine used.

and If you think those JBA's are pricey, I believe it was about $800+ out the door for these back when they made em.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I'm trying to do this off of my phone so bear with me. Also disregard some of the things that are issues under the hood, it's a work in progress.