Heater issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad the thermostat sorted out the heater. Good luck with the other gremlins. I wonder if they are related to the cold weather as well.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I didn't have any of the new problems till I power washed the engine off. I pulled the code and its for tps high voltage. It's been to cold out to do anything with it and my voltmeter is at work. When I get off tomorrow ill check it out. I have a new sensor ordered just waiting for it to get here. I think washing it caused it. I guess wanting a clean work area for working on it next time was a big mistake lol.

biggbiker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just replaced my tps this spring to solve a high idle, eradic running problem $38 later all is well. Hope this helps.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah Im hoping it fixes it. Hate to say it but I don't really want to put much more money into this thing then I have to. I just use it to drive to work and haul stuff that will tear up my good truck. With 235k on it and only using it to drive 5 miles round trop to work i can't bring my self to dump much into it.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well im back to the the drawing board. Im still having the same issue. Now my temp goes to the 3/4 mark on the gauge before the stat seems to open then it drops to the 1/4 mark and goes back and forth from 1/4 to 1/2 on the gauge. I still don't have much heat but I have more. I cant believe that ive gotten 3 bad stats of different brands from different places. But I guess on the upside the TPS was my no starting and rough running problem.

ram1220

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you sure that you don't still have some air in the system? That's what it sounds like.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree that it does sound like it has air in it still. as far as i know i don't have any air left in it. if there is i have no idea on how to get it out. especially since ive been driving it for a couple weeks now it should have worked everything out by now i would imagine and the level hasn't dropped any in the radiator or the overflow tank.