Heater hose part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onspeed

Reaction score
Picture is from my '97 Suburban, it's part of the line that carries coolant from the water pump to the heater core, not sure if the trucks use the same piece or not. It goes from atop the water pump, behind the alternator, and connects to a rubber 5/8" heater hose near the valve cover. Anyone have a part number for it or know if the local auto part stores carry a replacement? It doesn't leak yet, but I figured I'd replace it if it was just a few bucks.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also managed to break this plastic Y pipe while changing the heater core and heater control valve. The Y splits the hose in the picture to the rear and front heater cores. Took a bit of searching to find the part number for the replacement so I thought I'd post in case anyone is/will be in the same boat as me. Doorman# 800-422, GM# 15982138. It's a 5/8 x 5/8 x 3/4 Y connector. I'm not sure the auto stores stock the Y, so I'm going to try a universal 5/8 T connector, plus a 3/4 to 5/8 hose adapter and see how it works.

There's also a T connector on the return line that is GM# 12522867. It's a 5/8 x 3/4 x 3/4. Not sure if Doorman makes a replacement, but I think I'll end up using a universal 3/4 T connector, and a 5/8 to 3/4 hose adapter for the one larger piece. I don't know why they used different size lines here and there.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this information. I'd like to add to thread by sharing a picture of the setup.

full

The T that is circled is the second one mentioned above GM# 12522867. I couldn't find a dorman number for it.

The Y tee below it is the first one mentioned.

I have leak on the circled T fitting which heads back to the rear of the truck for my Suburban. It appears to be the 5/8" hose. Can some one confirm that? Also that hose connects to a hard line at the end of the engine bay. That hard line goes back a couple of feet and through the frame of the truck to rear core. Does anyone know how that hose from the engine bay is connected to the hard line? It's with covered with a rubber sleeve so I can't see. I felt around the sleeve and it's not using the factory hose clamps.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Picture is from my '97 Suburban, it's part of the line that carries coolant from the water pump to the heater core, not sure if the trucks use the same piece or not. It goes from atop the water pump, behind the alternator, and connects to a rubber 5/8" heater hose near the valve cover. Anyone have a part number for it or know if the local auto part stores carry a replacement? It doesn't leak yet, but I figured I'd replace it if it was just a few bucks.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also managed to break this plastic Y pipe while changing the heater core and heater control valve. The Y splits the hose in the picture to the rear and front heater cores. Took a bit of searching to find the part number for the replacement so I thought I'd post in case anyone is/will be in the same boat as me. Doorman# 800-422, GM# 15982138. It's a 5/8 x 5/8 x 3/4 Y connector. I'm not sure the auto stores stock the Y, so I'm going to try a universal 5/8 T connector, plus a 3/4 to 5/8 hose adapter and see how it works.

There's also a T connector on the return line that is GM# 12522867. It's a 5/8 x 3/4 x 3/4. Not sure if Doorman makes a replacement, but I think I'll end up using a universal 3/4 T connector, and a 5/8 to 3/4 hose adapter for the one larger piece. I don't know why they used different size lines here and there.

I'm not trying to ressurect a thread but trying to help out anyone who comes this way:

The heater hose that has the metal piping as part of it attaches to the top of the water pump via a formed 5/8th inch rubber hose. The entire hose, including the metal piping, is part number GM 15708635, and will set you back anywhere from $40 on Ebay to $55 at the stealership. Near as we can guess it was made that way because other wise the hose would be over the alternator if plumbed using a normal pipe, and vibration over time might cause it to soak the alternator.