Heater Core Experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is what I am now looking at on my 261xxx miles 88 Cheyenne. have a question for y'all. I have ac in my truck and what is the difference in non ac and ac equipped vehicle heater cores if the dimensions and specs are identical? I found 2 one ac and the other non and the inlet and outlet, size dimensions were the same on both. So slightly confused here.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
This is what I am now looking at on my 261xxx miles 88 Cheyenne. have a question for y'all. I have ac in my truck and what is the difference in non ac and ac equipped vehicle heater cores if the dimensions and specs are identical? I found 2 one ac and the other non and the inlet and outlet, size dimensions were the same on both. So slightly confused here.

I don't know about your specific application, but I'd recommended getting a heater core for a vehicle with A/C if that's what you have. I have an older hot rod that I did the same thing with (I bought a heater core spec'd for an A/C car since they no longer manufactured non-A/C versions for my car). The core and tube diameters were about the same size, but the bends and length of the tubing wasn't even close! Couldn't make it work without a bunch of modifications and cutting stuff up, so I ended up returning it. Buy the right one if you can!

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an older hot rod that I did the same thing with (I bought a heater core spec'd for an A/C car since they no longer manufactured non-A/C versions for my car). The core and tube diameters were about the same size, but the bends and length of the tubing wasn't even close! Couldn't make it work without a bunch of modifications and cutting stuff up, so I ended up returning it. Buy the right one if you can!

Okay Thanks for the info. I will check on the two options when I go in to get it in a bit. After I have it, then comes the fun part... replacing the shroud, thermostat and antifreeze. Fun, fun, fun..