Headman headers. Worth the money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
ok guys and gals i have a question. I would like to buy these headers for my 94 c1500 350tbi. http://m.summitracing.com/parts/hed-69440/none/images

I have already done TBI mods and have a cam in the engine. Tranny is being rebuild as we speak with all the whistles and bells. I was also thinking of going from the end of the header with 2.5"pipe into an X pipe and dump before the rear axle! Is this a feasible set up? Comments thoughts are much appreciated and also if you guys have pics of your current set up!

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Look good to me.

What mufflers are you going with, and cats? IMO, dump after the axle - dumping before usually generated a lot of drone that bounces back up into the cab.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I could stand that for any type of daily driver. You'll want to rip your hair out on any interstate driving you do.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Flowmaster 40s are a good muffler with a stout tone without having the straight pipe rasp.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
Flowmaster 40s are a good muffler with a stout tone without having the straight pipe rasp.
I will look into that i was thinking may be glasspacks instead i just want to hit maximum flow and minimum restrictions

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I put long tubes on my 88 loved them gave the exhaust a nice even note ran no cats and dual thrush weldeds. Sound perfect to me. The fit of headmen headers is poor my drivers side fit fine except the bolt hole closest to the firewall was drilled off so it had to be elongated. Pass was a ***** to install. There made of very thin steel, i had mine for two years no issues make sure to paint them to stave off rust

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
I put long tubes on my 88 loved them gave the exhaust a nice even note ran no cats and dual thrush weldeds. Sound perfect to me. The fit of headmen headers is poor my drivers side fit fine except the bolt hole closest to the firewall was drilled off so it had to be elongated. Pass was a ***** to install. There made of very thin steel, i had mine for two years no issues make sure to paint them to stave off rust
Thanks for the info i will put mufflers then i did some research and yeh police is not a fan of loud! Anyway the transmission is being rebuilt and my exhaust project has been put on hold till i get more funds