Headlight Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
before i started my thread i had bought the Philips bulbs...after michaelhurd turned me onto the candlepower forum i found out the Osram nightbreaker +110%(51w) and the Philips XtremeVision +100%(55w) are virtually identical in lumen, candela, color temp and just plain "brightness".....the AC Delco HIR1's are definitely an upgrade to the Philips....about 700 lumens better, 1800 v. 2500.....so that should be the high beam of choice around here.....unless someone is obsessed with color temperature...the HIR's are not as "white" as the others.....but they're bright enough to not give a [email protected] my opinion.

i'll be trying the Delco's myself....but with the Cibie Oscar Plus'i don't think it matters much. LOL

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought a oem fog light switch and pigtail off ebay! Now I just I need a diesel bumper and some hella micro ff fogs.

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
before i started my thread i had bought the Philips bulbs...after michaelhurd turned me onto the candlepower forum i found out the Osram nightbreaker +110%(51w) and the Philips XtremeVision +100%(55w) are virtually identical in lumen, candela, color temp and just plain "brightness".....the AC Delco HIR1's are definitely an upgrade to the Philips....about 700 lumens better, 1800 v. 2500.....so that should be the high beam of choice around here.....unless someone is obsessed with color temperature...the HIR's are not as "white" as the others.....but they're bright enough to not give a [email protected] my opinion.

i'll be trying the Delco's myself....but with the Cibie Oscar Plus'i don't think it matters much. LOL

Them cibies put off some light! Im going with hella micro ff fogs in a diesel bumper openings and their 450 driving lights above the bumper. Ill post up what I think about the osrams and the hirs from candle power

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Them cibies put off some light! Im going with hella micro ff fogs in a diesel bumper openings and their 450 driving lights above the bumper. Ill post up what I think about the osrams and the hirs from candle power

if you're going to bother putting something above the bumper, especially a driving lamp, i'd not choose the 450.....i'd look at something a bit bigger than your existing high beams..the 450 is 161mmX90mm.....like a 195, 210 or 220 or so......those old Hella's i had on top of my bumpers were used with driving and fog lenses....there's some very good lamps in that size....and they'll actually work properly.

if i was going that route i'd already have bought these or something like it....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-CIB...ash=item3603d040f6:g:0T0AAOSwUuhXcDIU&vxp=mtr

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had those at one time....i used to really like Hella products.....that's a good lamp as i recall. let me find that Hella site tool that Michael had found and posted.

There decently priced, and my budget is really slim haha. Ill keep looking at cibie lights and if I find a good deal I jump on it. Im not a huge fan of round lights on these trucks especially since my fog lights will be square to match the diesel bumper openings