Headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well we dont have any inspections or regulations yet...but i'm sure there to come but i was thinking about gutting it and keeping it there for safety. but i havent herd of anyone getting pulled over for exhaust and being checked...but just in case i rather have it there. but yea my glass pack isn't loud enough for me

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea well thats the set up i was originally looking at but the price for those stainless i cant beat. also my o2 sensor is gonna create problems having to replace the y-pipe

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 95 with a TBI 350 and I purchased a cheap set of Ebay Shorty Headers for my truck a few years back and have had no issues at all with mines at all other than bluing on the header tubes. I actually just pulled them over the weekend to install new spark plugs. Since I had them off I decided to scuff them up really good with some 80 grit and repaint them with a few coats of VHT High Temp Header Paint. Installed some new gaskets and bolts and now I'm good for another 10K miles or so.

Just make sure you buy the set that
is smog legal for 50 states
thick bolt flange
has the O2 ********* for your O2 sensor
has the built in doughnut size flanges where the header meets your Y-pipe

They might blue or rust a little after a year or too but you can simply scuff the metal up really good and shoot them with
a few coats of good quality header paint.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea i'm not to worried about them rusting but the o2 sensor hole i'm gonna have to throw a bolt in it since mines on the bottom of the y-pipe for accuracy i guess? i bought the truck that way

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no clue why they put it there my o2 is in the manifold on the ds. The ones I bought are all of them above, except they do not have AIR tubes, so no smog pump one mine. I wanted it that way since I had already removed it though. They have a very thick flange, almost 1/2 or so, and have the ball end for no donut gaskets. I didn't think stainless was supposed to rust lol.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea who knows why they did that. the stock ones still in the manifold its just disconnected...when i bought it had 3" down the board custom exhuast single piped but i didn't really like the sound and i wanted to throw the duals on for looks so thats what i did. but do u think because i go from 3" to 2 1/4" is why my truck sounds like a diesel when i kick it down? or almost like an airplane taking off? cause i would like to keep the low tone sound not spitty sound

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
spitty sound? like popping anc cracking or crackling? if so you got a glasspack right? if so that's why glasspacks always do that unless you dump them at the end of the muffler. They usually don't do it then or not noticeable.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No tailpipes, nothing after the end of the muffler, no turndown no taillpipe, just dumped right out of the end of it.