Headers on the 5.7 Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevydan3

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info. I just found these by flow tech 49156FLT for $196. The dr side collector makes a left and allows you to run their y-pipe 49156YFLT $130, makes the setup 326 before shipping.

headers: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BIG-49156FLT/
You must be registered for see images attach

Y-pipe: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BIG-49156YFLT/
You must be registered for see images attach

Interesting option, might be slightly out of my range though considering theres another 300 at the exhaust shop for piping, muffler and tips....

I know that this thread is kinda old, but has anybody used these headers on a lifted truck? I am wondering about driveshaft clearance on the driver's side. When a truck is lifted, the stock downpipe on the driver's side has to be modified for driveline clearance, just wondering if these headers will interfere too.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Exhaust flange prolly just needs planed, you should try that out before replacing unless the primaries or collectors are the wrong size already.

chevydan3

Reaction score
Exhaust flange prolly just needs planed, you should try that out before replacing unless the primaries or collectors are the wrong size already.

I've been fighting them since the day I bought this truck (Sept 06), taken them apart probably 40 times, ultra copper, wire wheel, sandpaper, new bolts, everything I could think of and the leak has got nothing but worse. Almost sounds like open pipes right now.

EDIT: Reread your post, it is not the flange on the head, it is where the pipe connects to the header.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to clarify, would an exhaust leak at the collector sound like ticking lifters? If so, I've been fighting this since I too put on Pacesetters. Interested to see how you remedy this!

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Yeah you can, but I would suggest you spend just a little more and go with long tubes. The Hedman ones are good and the Hooker 2462 gets nothing but good reviews. I have shorties and will be swapping them out as soon as I can

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I've been fighting them since the day I bought this truck (Sept 06), taken them apart probably 40 times, ultra copper, wire wheel, sandpaper, new bolts, everything I could think of and the leak has got nothing but worse. Almost sounds like open pipes right now.

EDIT: Reread your post, it is not the flange on the head, it is where the pipe connects to the header.

Ah yeah, I know whatcha mean there. Are they the types with o-ring(like stock) or collector gasket?