HD Radiator With HD Trans Cooler/HD Oil Cooler all turning to SH***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I was looking up RPO for my truck and found that it has the hd radiator with hd trans oil cooler and oil cooler built in So looking at the back looks like a reg radiator but has 2 trany lines on pass both at the bottom and the drivers side has 2 oil lines one at the bottom and one at the top. the Lower drivers side started leaking this week from wher it connects to the radiator and the hose connection:nono: I read the sticky on add 2 quarts, but should I now that I know this is set up with it already, not to mention the jack a** PO added a additional tranny cooler and did a hack job on it, it was leaking where he spliced it in and dripping right on to the lower rad hose, I am thinking about ripping the whole setup out and putting it all back to the original setup if I can find the factory setup. or should I just get all HD Rad, Trans, Oil cooler aftermarket sep.???? What do you guys think?????

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine had the factory oil & trans coolers, with the trans oil going to the rad and then out to another separate cooler. Rock auto should have all you'd need to re-create the factory setup. You could even add a factory p/s cooler while you're at it. I added one since I converted to hydroboost.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the factory oil/tranny cooler/rad combo. When I replaced the rad, I put an aftermarket cooler in line with the factory one. I never had a gauge on the tranny, but after I put the extra cooler on, when hauling heavy crap my tranny never had mushy shifts. If I had to do it again, Id go separate oil cooler/tranny cooler with electric fans/ 4 core aluminum rad with electric fans.