Having my egr tuned out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is there an afforadable way to have the egr function deleted from my 97 model l31 vortecs computer without spending 340 dolloras.... I don't care about removing torque management, or raising the transmission line pressure... or raising shift points.... I only want the egr removed from the tune and everything else left stock... surely there is a way to do this without spending 3 or 4 hundred dollars

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Get ahold of jesse bubb from wait4me performance. You can send him your pcm and hell tune it then send it back for under $100

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
keep the egr, on a stock engine no point in removing it, replace it if its broken, also not worth taking the time to tune the computers that these have from the factory.

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like wait for me performances website is down so that might not be an option. I would even be willing to remove the ecm and mail it to a trusted member of the forum if they thought they could do it for me.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
egr wouldnt be the answer to carbon build up, theres tons fo variables, some within the injection system themselves, regardless, a tech2 can disable egr, otherwise any of those places can do it hp tuners etc, just alot of money to waste on just turning it off.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will loose fuel economy with an EGR delete from your tune.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/egr-delete-chip.36486/#post-939048

But I can't blame you for not wanting to have your intake full carbon.

Pretty much any shop that has EFI Live can turn off the EGR function fairly cheap. You could spend a just a little more and get a custom tune while your at it.

Black Bear Performance has a good reputation on this platform.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X3 for Black Bear Performance. Definitely not the cheapest option, but they do great work and your truck will be a lot more fun to drive afterward.