Has anyone run a Thrush Turbo muffler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JakeZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm thinking about running a dual thrush turbo mufflers on my truck. It's a '98 Chevy K1500 5.7l with dual cats and dual exhaust all the way to the muffler. The plan would be to run true duals all the way to the back, and exit beside the hitch. It would still have the stock 2" before the mufflers, and i belive 2 1/2" aft of the mufflers. My question is how do these mufflers sound, and would they be tame enough for someone to daily? I have to spend a lot of time on the high way for my commute to school and work, and i don't want something that will be too obnoxious or drone. I was drawn to these mufflers because of the price, and also because i do still want the truck to rumble.
Thanks in advance, guys!
You must be registered for see images attach

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had 2 of them on my green truck for awhile. Sounded good but not very loud. I have a vid on youtube of them ill see if i can dig up

JakeZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back, guys! So, new question: does any one have pictures of the routing under their trucks, over the rear axle? I have a hitch, and i'd like to keep the spare tire under the bed if at all possible. Supposedly i can get the pipes from the muffler back from Napa for fairly cheap, i was just wondering what they'd have to look like to fit.
Thanks!