has anyone on here done hydro assist this way?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is how I did mine. I first tried with a greased drill bit/tap and magnet to try and keep the metal filings from going into the box. Hooked everything up and I couldn't get the ram to work with any pressure. I pulled the box and was able to find a couple small metal filings in the power piston and a couple marks in the seal. I'm currently waiting for the box rebuild kit to arrive and hopefully that will cure the problem.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Yea I figure I'll take it all apart first then drill n clean. Takes longer but hopefully won't have that problem lol. Thanks good thing to know

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did it this way. Never took the box apart, never had any problems; been running the same box since 2010, even still since I took off the cylinder and plugged the holes.

One thing to consider also is on the high pressure left turn (upper hole) you only need to drill it 0.94" as not to damage box internals and still break through the housing.