Has anyone done a CSFI to MPFI conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
If you have clogged/sticking poppets then you can notice a slight performance and/or mileage increase but it doesn't increase the amount of fuel delivered which you increase h/p. If anything if a stock no mileage 5.7L were to recieve the newer spider than you could see a performance decrease as the newer unit takes up more space and disturbes the flow of the intake. This swap only allows you to change individual injector when needed due to a clogged or malfunctioning poppet instead of the whole spider unit.

Its the same effect as if you were to put the four way spark plugs on a 150k mile motor with the original set on it still. You could then claim that the bosch plat. plugs gave you a 20hp increase.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'll be doing this very soon to our blazer its almost undriveable because they're either clogged or leaking

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have done it on a vortec 350, and yes to me it was well worth the money, I got more power and better MPG with the swap, I would do it to my current DD but I want a 5.3 in it.

milky9788

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have clogged/sticking poppets then you can notice a slight performance and/or mileage increase but it doesn't increase the amount of fuel delivered which you increase h/p. If anything if a stock no mileage 5.7L were to recieve the newer spider than you could see a performance decrease as the newer unit takes up more space and disturbes the flow of the intake. This swap only allows you to change individual injector when needed due to a clogged or malfunctioning poppet instead of the whole spider unit.

Its the same effect as if you were to put the four way spark plugs on a 150k mile motor with the original set on it still. You could then claim that the bosch plat. plugs gave you a 20hp increase.

Agreed...2 of my poppets were clogged at 184k miles and it felt like a whole new truck afterwards after I put that new spider in but probably cause it was the original spider...IMO I would only get it if your spider was bad/clogged

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
Here was the set up I went with. I am not a fan of the spider injection. I went this for to reason .
1 easy to work on the injector
2 I can upgrade easily

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Here was the set up I went with. I am not a fan of the spider injection. I went this for to reason .
1 easy to work on the injector
2 I can upgrade easily

3) You can use old school aircleaner or W-series ram air!!! :evillol:

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

well put, this is exactally on the money. its a good upgrade if you've got problems (known or not) with the poppets, but otherwise you will get no gain just from JUST doing this, if you don't have poppet problems and are just looking for power, you'd be better off saving for a marine, or something like kevhill, or my intake that will actually let you change the injector size/etc. but realistically you'll be fine with what the poppets/upgrade spider flow unless you're planning to exceed ~350+ HP out of the engine, or plan on any kind of forced induction regardless of HP goals.