Hard Starting Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregB

Reaction score
After 2 years of trying I recently picked up this 1992 K1500 Burb from an Estate. It only has 156,000 kms ( 96,000 miles ) one owner miles and it pretty cherry. Before I got it it sat for 3/4 years without being started. It runs and drives geat and the engine runs smooth as silk. The issue I have is it is hard starting. When I first turn the key it will crank over but wont start. I turn the key off and try again and within 10 seconds it will start. I've had 4/5 GMT 400's and with the TBI engine and have never had this problem. I changed the fuel filter, the spark plugs and there are no codes on it. The hard starting is very annoying and please if anyone has an idea on what the problem may be please let me know.

You must be registered for see images attach

ThundahBeagle

Reaction score
Hi Greg

I'm no mechanic but some possibilities cone to mind

- old gasoline
- need to prime fuel system before starting. Turn key to maximum without actually starting. Do that slowly 3 times and then start. That should prime the fuel system help it to start.
- fuel pump
- MAF sensor

Looks nice. Good color scheme

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
Sounds like it may be a fuel pump issue to me. Have you tried turning the key all the way without actually cranking, waiting a few seconds, and then cranking?