Had my bed Line-X ed yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had my bed Line-X ed yesterday. It was coated with a sealer, so it will look grate for a long time, no faded bed linner for me. The guy at Line-x said that the paint may come off when they remove the tape, because of the cheep paint job I have. I said, well if it does, I will just have to fix it. Well it did. I think the Lne-x guy was more upset than I was. So my bed looks grate, but I have some paint work to do now. Im still very happy with the bed. Its Line-x. That is the best there is.
You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I really need to get this done with my truck bed,

That must be some damn impressive tape if it pulled the paint off; is that common when someone gets a bedliner sprayed in??

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really need to get this done with my truck bed,

That must be some damn impressive tape if it pulled the paint off; is that common when someone gets a bedliner sprayed in??
Well if it is the OE paint, then no, but if the truck has been repainted then, you need to be careful. So I guess the real lesson here is, that if you are planing a new paint job, have the bed done first. From what I understand, the tape is razor tape, and it has a ribbon of sharp wire to cut the edge of the bed liner to give a clean sharp edge. I guess because of this, the tape has to stick to the truck very strong, so that the wire will pull off before the tape. Like I said, I do have a cheep paint job so I know that it is not the best paint that was used. My co worker paints motorcycles in his spare time. He said he will help me touch it up, if I need. He also said we can redo it, and no one will ever know it was done. I guess if I would have had a $5000 paint job, this would not have happened. So I have some paint to fix, that all. It was worth it for a line-x bed liner.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I want this on my dually, but the cost is very offputting. I may do it myself, but I'm already spread so thin I can barely fathom prepping, mixing, and spraying my bed. The key to a good bed liner is one that doesn't air dry, i.e. it mixes like automotive paint and has a catalyst thay makes it dry like fiberglass resin. Those are the steong ones.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks good.

Mine was applied around Dec of 1999, still holding up pretty well.
That's good to know. Mine was sprayed with a sealer, that keeps it from fading, or so they say. I'm very happy with the job. The tail gate will be an easy fix. It might be a good excuse to do the SS upgrade.

White92

Reaction score
Looks really good man! Line X is the best there is when it comes to sprayed in bed liners. You should be happy with it for as long as you own the truck.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks really good man! Line X is the best there is when it comes to sprayed in bed liners. You should be happy with it for as long as you own the truck.
Thanks. I have had the truck sense 2002. I plan on keeping it for a lot longer. Its going to be cold all week (unusual for south Louisiana) . I will be glad to be abel to fix the paint. I will do my blend line under the pin strip. No one will ever know there was an issue, once Im done.