h pipe or x pipe on k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is great looking you did a damn good job on it i wish i could weld better ,i went over and looked at some long tube headers and there nice but the realt question is this over kill to with long tube on stock 350?I also found some mid lenght ones there black coated he only whats 50 buck for them what yall think

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, long tubes will help any engine, even a bone stock one. In fact it's probably the best place to begin for a bone stock engine. 50 Bucks sounds fair to me for a good set of long tubes

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol yeah i am on a mission on doing some performace mods to this land yachat i got.I was thinking 6.0 swap or heads swap and also beefing the tbi stuff up too.But the biggest thing that gets me is the computer stuff on them.but my buddy has the 2005 k2500hd gmc with h pipe and high flow cats and cherry bomb extrmes on his and its beast .

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no balance pipe. I could care less if it makes more or less power than x or h pipe. For me it is a lot easier to work on the truck and take the entire exhaust system off. On the dyno my old ls1 camaro was doing better with no balance pipe, but it is not even worth the performance gains. No balance pipe has way to much "cackle" in the exhaust. When I am done with my truck it will be running a X pipe.