gutted cats and thrush mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
currently its stock manifolds, true duals to 2/2 Flowmaster 50 series muffler and flowmaster dual tips at 90* 8 inches behind the rear tires, not a thrush set up but you could still get a feel for a no cats w/ muffler set up. I hope to get a set of Long tubes then I'm going to redo the whole system.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got rid of the cats and have 1 flowmaster it sounds really good. hardly any poping or anything. if one of you has a phone number i can send a sound clip to or an email i will

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I have shorty headers, dual cats, and a dual-in, dual-out Flowmaster that works like a x-pipe. Sounds good. Not insanely loud, but distinguishable.

I have a buddy that has no cats, a y-pipe, the small 40 series muffler, and a simi-truck exaust tip firing upward at the bed. Now that thing is LOUD..........WHAT AM I TYPING ABOUT?!?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah mine has a 6.5 td aftermarket tailpipe 4" into a 4"in 5" out RBP tip. i think it makes a nice tone with it on there and its not as loud in the cab with the tail pipe.