gutted cats and thrush mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok well im wondering what my truck would sound like with the cats gutted

i wanted to just get rid of the mufflers but they are offset and i dont really wanna pay alot to have them removed and pipes fixed so i thought about gutting the cats

any ideas of that would sound ok??

here is a vid of the exhaust currently
http://www.youtube.com/user/squeaky3

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you gut the cats, and have true duals expect it to be raspy.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya i was expecting it to be a lil raspy but i figured it wouldnt quite be as bad as true duals with no mufflers

i dont really mind the tone of the mufflers i just want it louder

i would cut the cats off completely but i dont have a welder and one of the cats has the flange at the end of it

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
ya i was expecting it to be a lil raspy but i figured it wouldnt quite be as bad as true duals with no mufflers

i dont really mind the tone of the mufflers i just want it louder

i would cut the cats off completely but i dont have a welder and one of the cats has the flange at the end of it

that flange is a *****, expessially if you dont have access to a welder. Local muffler shop should be able to do it for about $40 itll be louder and a little bit more raspy

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya i will prolly have to take it to a shop and have it done....its just idk if there is any shop around here that will take off the cats for me or if i have to go in with them cut off and have it all welded back up

i would just take off the mufflers but i dont want to sounds like everyother high school kid in the area that has straights from cats back so i wanna be a lil different

Reaction score
that flange is a *****, expessially if you dont have access to a welder. Local muffler shop should be able to do it for about $40 itll be louder and a little bit more raspy

Local shops won't do it around here, gotta find the after hours place and a little side cash to get it done. Should sound pretty damn good!

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya im thinking trying to get in with someone who can do it after hrs or on their own

im hoping that it sounds good with no cats and thrush mufflers

i cant seem to find exactly what it will sound like but i hope its loud, different, and nice

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
ya im thinking trying to get in with someone who can do it after hrs or on their own

im hoping that it sounds good with no cats and thrush mufflers

i cant seem to find exactly what it will sound like but i hope its loud, different, and nice

I would take a sound clip for you but I have a exhaust leak on the right bank right at the donut