GT4 G80 axle issues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cburnscrx

Reaction score
That helps immensely! I'm likely ordering it from car-part.com

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually the junkyard inspects it to some degree to make sure it's good to go, I cleaned up the rear end & painted it, put on new backing plates, new brake lines, new pinion seal, did the axle seals and bearings looked it over filled it up and threw it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is what I do. You can get it cheaper if you pull it yourself & most yards will still offer an extended warranty on top. most yards will provide a drain pan so you can catch the excess fluid when inspecting the gears, they will dispose of it properly when you bring it up. most yards do not drain the axles of the vehicles in the self serve yard. on digital odometer vehicles, look for an oil change sticker to get you in the ball park of mileage. disconnect the driveshaft so that you can check for excess play. at some yards, if you can get the axle in the main aisle, they will come by w/ an oversized fork truck or loader & bring it to the front for you. otherwise you'll need a 2nd buddy to help carry it if wheelbarrows are not provided.

some yards have 1/2 price sales on parts that you pull around major holidays. saving extra money never hurts