gstubbz's trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Picked it up today, this thing runs super well! Definitely needs love but it's got some balls. Steering is all jacked up but that's just typical GMT400 steering. I'm actually considering putting some small lift spindles on it with some nicer rims and tires so it's lifted a bit. Not too much though. I plan on fixing it up to make it street legal over the next few days. Drove it around for 20ish miles tonight and it did good! Super stoked about this little truck, would love a 5 speed but that can come later. All the electronics work on this truck too! Going to throw on a new fuel filter too and see if that helps it a bit. Definitely replacing the steering column so I have a nice one and one with cruise and tilt.

Also a plus that I have access to tow trucks to pick up my projects :)

You must be registered for see images attach

And the one pic I took tonight while driving around. So stoked about this truck. Also has brand new tires on the rear and this little truck lights them up like they are nothing!!

The guy I bought it from wants to see pictures of how it progresses, which I'm happy to do. He was scared at first when I told him that I work at a junkyard but was much happier when he found out that I was going to actually fix this thing up. Thought that was neat, had to make sure he knew it wasn't getting parted!!

Needs some love under here too. Going to wash it as well as install a proper air box and a new air filter. He also told me the alternator, belt, and water pump were all fairly new. Looks like the radiator is leaking though, no biggie!

Last edited:

gstubbz

Reaction score
No wonder it's so fast... it has GU4 which is 3.08s lol

My Dodge is pretty fast and this thing is not much slower

Last edited:

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Prolly spins tires better then the dodge since theres hardly any weight in the back of that thing. Sounds like you were having fun

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
3.08s would make it accelerate slower though. that doesnt explain anything lol. i bet it gets great gas mileage too.

gstubbz

Reaction score
I did have fun with it for those 20 miles! As far as the gearing goes, I guess I must not know anything about them I just thought it was fast because of those gears lol. Can't wait to see what it gets MPG wise, going to be licensed and insured as a "company truck" for the junkyard so all I have to do is make it what I want and drive it. Only exception though is it's going to get wrapped and have the company logo on the doors or something.

For wheels I'll have to look around and see. Maybe some rally wheels or something. I dunno quite yet.

But... I did get a window in it today! The amount of tape I removed was insane, but luckily whatever that black stuff is doesn't rip off paint.

And an interior pic that isn't totally garbage. Needs some cleanup with an aftermarket stereo, since the steering column has to be replaced anyway I'll install one from a 98 GMC SL since those have the nicer steering wheel that I like.

So I'll explain why the steering column needs to be replaced. First is I want a tilt column! Second is this thing is pretty thrashed and I want to use an actual key to start it. First you have to short out the red and pink wires for fuel pump and ignition, then touch the yellow for a second to start it. But then if you want the heater and radio, you have to remove the hair bands and move this gear backwards for power to those. This thing doesn't have theftlock being a cheyenne, so that's probably the only reason this works because I could never get this to work in that 1999 K2500 suburban I posted about a while back (that thing is still just parked by the way, haven't messed with it for a while). But this works and I have it down how to start it finally!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You planning on putting buckets in or another bench? With if being a *company* truck will it have to be smogged every 2 years or still be exempt after the first smog

gstubbz

Reaction score
I really want to go with a 96-00 bench with a flip down center console with storage, but there are none out in the yard, but I have access to plenty of bucket seats so that will probably be what I go with. There is a pretty clean bench that is the same design but it's blue if I really wanted to use it.