gstubbz's trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They do eat cams, no doubt about that. They can live long lives, but I think because most are in trucks that live hard lives they don't as much as the 350s.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I know the 454 in my truck runs hard some days; other days it just seems to fall on it's face. Not sure what the issue is but I think I've got an idea, I need to replace some parts and clean some **** to be certain.
Hopefully when I order my tuned PCM it'll run like a 454 should...

I know it's your job to part out these trucks, but there's something that just breaks my heart about this Suburban; not sure what it is though.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I'll have to pull the cam out of this thing now I'm curious to see how it looks! No matter what happens with this 454 I will be keeping it unless someone pays a huge sum for it and there is a complete rebuild kit somewhere in the shop for one. Stick to the plans of the CCSB then I can join y'all in the L29 game! I definitely plan a 411 swap for the CCSB.

I do agree with you Brody, it is super sad. This was one vehicle I wish we didn't pick up the way we did. I dig this thing, rides like a tank, has decent power, and is this big beast of a truck with comfortable seats. But it's days are numbered and I need a lot of it for my HD so parts won't be wasted!

Not to worry though, it's in my future junkyard plans to pick up some GMT400s to fix and resell and that was the original plan with the red CCSB until I ran numbers and realized that I wouldn't make any money reselling it but I still want that truck, so that is enough justification to keep it as a "company" truck in my book! My ideal car dealership is a line of GMT400s in different colors and options. Hopefully I can start that when my HD is done since that will eat up my entire summer.

-----

Another vehicle that is worthy for this thread. 1997 K1500 Suburban with the 5.7/4L60e. This was my bosses personal truck up until I did the engine swap in his newly purchased 2005 Silverado 1500 5.3 ECSB. It has 359k on the odo, it's been stolen at one point from the junkyard, and still does not have a check engine light. Boss wanted to part it out since it had a new engine/trans installed around 200k but I told him fu3k that, told him that we are keeping it complete and running so that's what it's doing!

This is our yard truck that we use for everything I don't want to use my dodge or the 05 silverado for. It's great to pack people in and show them the junkyard. I drive this thing just about every day that I'm there and I love it. Also beat so you don't have to worry as much. And it's street legal so I can take it on pavement if I want. Boss chews redman if you're wondering why there are 100 bags on the dash lol. This is the one vehicle there that doesn't leak a thing and all we do are fluid and filter changes. I'm proud of it! I posted about it on instagram the other day but figured I'll add it to this thread.

You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I'll have to pull the cam out of this thing now I'm curious to see how it looks! No matter what happens with this 454 I will be keeping it unless someone pays a huge sum for it and there is a complete rebuild kit somewhere in the shop for one. Stick to the plans of the CCSB then I can join y'all in the L29 game! I definitely plan a 411 swap for the CCSB.

I do agree with you Brody, it is super sad. This was one vehicle I wish we didn't pick up the way we did. I dig this thing, rides like a tank, has decent power, and is this big beast of a truck with comfortable seats. But it's days are numbered and I need a lot of it for my HD so parts won't be wasted!

Not to worry though, it's in my future junkyard plans to pick up some GMT400s to fix and resell and that was the original plan with the red CCSB until I ran numbers and realized that I wouldn't make any money reselling it but I still want that truck, so that is enough justification to keep it as a "company" truck in my book! My ideal car dealership is a line of GMT400s in different colors and options. Hopefully I can start that when my HD is done since that will eat up my entire summer.

-----

Another vehicle that is worthy for this thread. 1997 K1500 Suburban with the 5.7/4L60e. This was my bosses personal truck up until I did the engine swap in his newly purchased 2005 Silverado 1500 5.3 ECSB. It has 359k on the odo, it's been stolen at one point from the junkyard, and still does not have a check engine light. Boss wanted to part it out since it had a new engine/trans installed around 200k but I told him fu3k that, told him that we are keeping it complete and running so that's what it's doing!

This is our yard truck that we use for everything I don't want to use my dodge or the 05 silverado for. It's great to pack people in and show them the junkyard. I drive this thing just about every day that I'm there and I love it. Also beat so you don't have to worry as much. And it's street legal so I can take it on pavement if I want. Boss chews redman if you're wondering why there are 100 bags on the dash lol. This is the one vehicle there that doesn't leak a thing and all we do are fluid and filter changes. I'm proud of it! I posted about it on instagram the other day but figured I'll add it to this thread.

I don't know what I like more, the Suburban, or that sassy Kenworth A-model with the Holmes on it....

gstubbz

Reaction score
Sooooooo another personal truck.

1997 C1500 RCLB with a 4.3 Vortec V6 and an automatic. 215k on the clock, no check engine light, runs great, someone tried to steal it, and needs some love. Not bad for a $250 score! Going to be my Race Truck replacement since my other 93 c1500 RCLB 4.3/5spd was totaled back in October. Kid needed money to fix his civic up so I jumped on this within a few hours of it being posted. Picking it up tomorrow with the tow truck. I am super excited, it runs and drives!! Literally nothing wrong with it minus the cosmetics!!

Plans for it: new fender, new window glass, tailgate, mirror, 6.5 bumper, silverado grille, and seat then either blue or black paint. Somehow it was girlfriend approved if it was one of those two colors. A friend asks me where I keep getting these things and if I'm a drug dealer or not. Wish it had A/C since it will be my cheap commuter truck down to Sacramento this summer.

This is how my old 93 used to look, similar idea for this truck but better!

gstubbz

Reaction score
Don't worry I envision a different truck to LS swap (rcss c1500) if I ever get it lol. I'll get it smogged soon enough, I don't think it'll have any problems! And a turbo would be sweet, I think it would be a fast little econo truck with one!!