gstubbz's trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Looks like I may be selling that engine/trans for $300 on Friday. If not I'm keeping it for whatever!

Spent most of my day pulling parts from the parts 94 6.5, and I'm hoping I have everything I need. The only thing I know that I spaced grabbing is the oil cap. Wiring harness was not that bad once I realized the transmission had already been pulled from the truck! Made life easier so I didn't have to crawl around under the truck very much. I like that I didn't pay anything for these parts minus my time to pull them. Still total cost invested into this 6.5 is $220 (not factoring driving costs of my truck to pull stuff), obviously that will go up with fuel, oil, coolant, etc but I still expect this to be a less than $600 truck when it's drivable.

So here's what I grabbed:

Weatherstripping for cowl
Upper and Lower intake with sensors
Air Box and hose from PCV valve
Engine Wiring Harness
Under the hood / transmission wiring harness
Computer
Vaccum lines with sensor
Upper fan shroud
Coolant Overflow box
Glow Plug Relay
Fuel filter housing (it has electrical connectors on it)

And other little things that were on the firewall that I know are melted. The door handle and hydroboost setup in the photo are things I pulled today that I sold to fellow forum members!

The parts truck is starting to look pretty stripped, I am going to cover the engine next time I'm there so in case I ever decide to rebuild one this one isn't full of water and rust.

But I'm hoping outside of batteries, coolant, and oil I now have everything I need to make this 6.5 a runner! I grabbed the computer just in case mine managed to fry or something. After I sell the engine/trans on Friday I'll start work on yanking the engine in my 6.5. Going to be a long weekend and who knows how far I'll get.

You must be registered for see images attach

BTW, this parts truck has 250k and the turbo shaft has so much play it's ridiculous!

Last edited:

gstubbz

Reaction score
I got ******* boned on selling the trans and engine today. Only got $200 out of it, my friend Tyler had a class to take at the last minute today, I was stuck in Chester, so I had to have the other guy who lives out here deal with it. Since the guy was driving up from Redding, I had to make it work. So I let the guy who lives out here deal with them and I told him he can have $100 if he made it happen.

So that sucks but what can you do. Entirely my fault.

On the bright side of things, I'm working on the 6.5 tomorrow and have everything. Hopefully it runs!

gstubbz

Reaction score
Some updates on the 6.5, ended up getting the intake off and cleaning most of the remaining rat **** underneath it, found out that mice chewed through two of the wires on the injection pump and to my luck, there is one red and two blacks, and the ******* cut through both blacks.

Cut out the rest of the junked harness and found out that the computer has been replaced at one point too, and the exhaust has been off at one point. Truck has a 599 block, and the power steering pump has been replaced recently too. Lots of new parts on this truck, makes me wonder if the engine had been replaced at one point too! Turbo shaft has so little play in it, best 6.5 turbo I have ever come across!

I need to pull some more stuff off the parts 6.5 like the oil pressure sensor (I believe) at the back of the block since that got melted as well. It needs new fuel lines too. The transmission plug was cut from my new harness so that is the only thing I really need to splice in, what sucks is that there are duplicate pink wires with no way to identify them and a few other wires that don't match so I need to figure that out.

Kind of worked slowly at it today, it was just too cold to do much. Next time I'm out there I'll put some more work into it until it's good to go!

Bonus:

Have you ever seen a glow plug relay melted this bad? Neither have I!

gstubbz

Reaction score
How's this thing coming along

Dang! You're on the dot of the one month anniversary from my last post lol

I honestly have not been out there and had time to dick with it, the biggest thing holding me up is the transmission plug and trying to wire in the other one I have but the different colors and not matching colors makes it difficult. So I need to rip the entire harness apart and trace wires to make sure they go to the right thing, then I can carry on!

Maybe I'll make some time this weekend to work on it, doesn't really need much from this point forward. This has been the truck I honestly have not cared much about! But once it's going I'm just going to sell it, maybe fund some of the cummins stuff I need for the HD since I'll probably never use this truck. Unless my dodge breaks anytime soon then I'll really push to get this going since it needs no smog and the front end is in decent shape. The green truck still needs smog and a solid axle before I call it road ready.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ha **** I wouldn't have even noticed if you didn't say. I kno watcha mean abt being busy, that why I haven't touched the 94 in a few. Ya no need for 2 diesels when that cummins will be perfect for whatever u need, power and fuel economy.
If I could I'd take the green one just so I'd have a truck for while. How's that 1500 that Tyler bought for cheap as dirt

gstubbz

Reaction score
The junkyard thing has been keeping me busy, 7 days a week and 70 miles a day on the Dodge I hate it! And the HD will be bitchin, expensive but bitchin and hope to be driving it around summertime.

The green one I really really need to get on smogging and registering. Since I paid all the fees last February I will have to pay another $300 including penalties and the truck still isn't smogged but at least I never drove it on the highway because I was too sketch to do that! Needs an exhaust and I need to figure out why the check engine light is on then I can at least trailer it to a smog place as much as I'd like not to.

Oh weather report, it's been raining these past few weeks and just started to get snow about an hour ago!