Grille swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I know there's all kinds of threads on grille swaps but on a 88-93 to a 94+ can i buy the grille,headlights, and grille filler and it bolt up? Mainly worried about the headlights
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So what you're saying is you know there's threads on this but instead of reading 'em you made another? :D

You need the 94+ inner bumper brackets. Mandatory.

Sometimes there aren't holes in your core support for the filler to attach, but you can make 'em pretty easy.

Richard

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So what you're saying is you know there's threads on this but instead of reading 'em you made another? :D

You need the 94+ inner bumper brackets. Mandatory.

Sometimes there aren't holes in your core support for the filler to attach, but you can make 'em pretty easy.

Richard
Why is the inner brackets mandatory? I'm going from the W/T grill on my 91 to a 95 up GMC composite light grill. I have everything except the brackets?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Why is the inner brackets mandatory? I'm going from the W/T grill on my 91 to a 95 up GMC composite light grill. I have everything except the brackets?

Because they're different (slightly longer.) I honestly don't understand why people ask. If they weren't required for things to fit properly, I wouldn't have used the term "mandatory" and would have explained how you can hack around it by re-using the existing brackets...but you can't.

I will say I have seen the 94-up grille hacked onto the older setup, and the results were trash.

Richard

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Because they're different (slightly longer.) I honestly don't understand why people ask. If they weren't required for things to fit properly, I wouldn't have used the term "mandatory" and would have explained how you can hack around it by re-using the existing brackets...but you can't.

I will say I have seen the 94-up grille hacked onto the older setup, and the results were trash.

Richard
I was just wondering. I haven't seen anybody that has actually explained why, they just say you have to do this. I haven't seen a side by side comparison. If it's the same bumper why would the bracket change anything? I'm not doubting that it is different I'm just curious why and how it's different.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you've got all the pieces except for the brackets, then you can look at them as a package and see why. The 94-up filler strip is deeper than the 88-93, so the bumper must sit farther away from the grille in order for it to fit. Either style of filler strip/grille have their own attachment methods to each other so you can't mix/match.

Richard

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you've got all the pieces except for the brackets, then you can look at them as a package and see why. The 94-up filler strip is deeper than the 88-93, so the bumper must sit farther away from the grille in order for it to fit. Either style of filler strip/grille have their own attachment methods to each other so you can't mix/match.

Richard
Gotcha, I'll just order a set this week then.