Grille Lightbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Szil66

Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting it in the bottom part of the grille? Move the horn up? Would there be less to cut since the hood release isn't there?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Has anyone tried putting it in the bottom part of the grille? Move the horn up? Would there be less to cut since the hood release isn't there?
Depends on the configuration of your truck. Mine has a fan, most have an auto transmission cooler and some an oil cooler. You'd loose more fins trying to work around those items than the hood support and brackets up top IMO.

How did you mount it to the grille dave?
Look at the first pic. Looks like he has it mounted to the underside of the top of the grille with bolts.
Yup. it ended up working well.

Szil66

Reaction score
Depends on the configuration of your truck. Mine has a fan, most have an auto transmission cooler and some an oil cooler. You'd loose more fins trying to work around those items than the hood support and brackets up top IMO.

Aww, mine's a 5-speed so it looks like I would have more room down there. I just want to avoid cutting fins if I could, or at least as few as possible.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Superbrightleds sells "compact bars". I think the biggest is 20" but you could put one of those up tomp and may be able to avoid cutting any fins

Szil66

Reaction score
Superbrightleds sells "compact bars". I think the biggest is 20" but you could put one of those up tomp and may be able to avoid cutting any fins

They don't come at a very "compact" price though, haha. I think I may just order a cheap one off of Amazon, see how it fits and cut it if I need! I was just wondering if anyone had done it, not thinking that mine was a manual and autos were different!

wareagleburn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Not as bright as a reg light bar but this thing is 24in long, has 7 different colors....Red, Blue, Purple, Green, White, Yellow, and a light blue. Comes with a remote control where you can choose color, pattern (flashing, solid, Knight Rider...etc) and speed. Very easy install and it was only 40 bucks.