grill guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, wasnt sure if this was the right area or not, but I couldnt find a whole lot of info on these. I know they just bolt in place of the tow hooks, but are they worth the time installing?

And what brands? I see most of them are pretty high for what you actually get from a grill guard. But I found one sold through truck gear direct, its either a Hunter series or made by Hunter, hell I'm not sure, LOL. But I like the look of it & its only $199+shipping on ebay. Has anyone ran one of these? Are they crap? I'm wondering if there a catch to how cheap they are sold.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I know that some of them look terrible on our trucks. The best looking ones are made by Road Armor.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I prefer this one. Especially seeing how it has a price of-
List Price:$ 450
Our Sale Price only:$ 160
You must be registered for see images attach

But OMG that's one ugly ass truck!

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
I prefer this one. Especially seeing how it has a price of-
List Price:$ 450
Our Sale Price only:$ 160

But OMG that's one ugly ass truck!

I bought this exact bull bar for my 97 i love the looks of it and the want it mounts in place of the tow hooks, i only had one problem was the brackets were not exactly right and had to wait to get new brackets to solve the fitment problem and i had to drill my own holes and mount it close to the truck like i preferred. The way they made holes it sticked out to far. For the looks i love mine once i got the brackets straightened out and modify em to fit the way i wanted to i was happy. Oh and sumthing else the off road light brackets are **** if u put a 6 inch off road light on it like i did it will shake like crazy. But again a few months down the road i made new light brackets for the light out of thicker steel and is alot better. Jus a heads up i love the bar but somethings i didnt like but imo the modifing was worth it bc i dont like other bull bars that out there.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm torn over what to do, LOL. I'd like a full guard but dont want to pay the crazy prices for most the other brands. I have looked at bumper replacements with the guards built in but thats serious cash better invested elsewhere.

I have given thought to just the center section without the headlight grills & just mounting (2) lights on that.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
I'm torn over what to do, LOL. I'd like a full guard but dont want to pay the crazy prices for most the other brands. I have looked at bumper replacements with the guards built in but thats serious cash better invested elsewhere.

I have given thought to just the center section without the headlight grills & just mounting (2) lights on that.

i bought one from jcwhitney for 140 i ordered it just in time for the free shipping deal and saved myself 20 bucks it bots to the bumper and looks good to me

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats not bad & fitment looks pretty good. Do you remember the brand? And it just bolts to the bumper only, how rigid is it? Does it bounce around alot?