Greetings from Dryden, ON

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey all! Just introducing myself, and my truck, Jenny. She rolled off the line on March 13, 1997, and best I can tell from the paperwork, I'm the 3rd owner. Original owner tracked all their service in the owners manual.

It's a 5.0L/4L60E truck, currently getting the transmission replaced. I went back and forth all winter about fixing her or parting her out. Decided to throw a couple grand into a transmission vs. 20 to 30 grand on a new vehicle to replace her. Motor runs like a top and doesn't burn a drop of anything. Talking to guys with brand new trucks, they sure don't seem to get any better fuel economy than ol' Jenny either.

After sitting from October to late March, through one of the longest, coldest winters we've had in some years now, I turned the key about 5 times before she fired right up.

Suffers from the usual rot ... rocker panels, cab corners, fenders. But she still gets over the road nicely. I found a guy last fall who can weld in new panels, so I'm planning on doing that as I can afford it. Last year I decided to give her a 'two tone' look ... with spray-on bedliner for the bottom half. Ain't exactly pretty, but I don't have to worry about parking lot scratches, or trees and such scraping her up down back roads.

Bought her back in 2014, hoping to get quite a few more years out of her with a new transmission. Maybe get the A/C fixed in the near future too. Hasn't worked since I've had her, and I see a sticker under the hood where it was leak tested years ago ... so I'd guess it hasn't worked in a long time.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Got the verdict from the tranny shop this morning. Getting them to rebuild it. Also have to replace an exhaust manifold ... flange on it snapped trying to get the exhaust off to drop the transmission out to check it. Could be worse, just adds a couple hundred bucks to the bill. If all goes well, could have 'Jenny' back in the driveway by the weekend!