Grandpa's 1995 C1500 Reborn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Installed my new exhaust system. Blowmaster Big Block 70 series muffler. 3" single exit. Sounds a lot quieter than my cherry bomb with a turn down. Nice rumble though so I'm happy.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also pressed out the shock bushings to grease them and try to get rid of my creaky suspension. Still there. So I've replaced leaf spring bushings and spent an hour messing with shock bushings only to find out that my suspension noise I've had for 2 years now has been the stupid leaf spring clamps this whole time :banghead:

Also picked up a comp/temp mirror from the junkyard for $10. Hope to get it installed this week

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
How about an update...
Rear suspension still creaks. When I turn the wheel to the right, I hear brake squeal. Not usually when turned left but it does happen occasionally. If I push the truck back and forth from the side of the bed, something sounds... loose? I don't know the best way to descibe it. I'll have to get a video of what I'm talking about. Interior LEDs are giving me issues. The AC still doesn't work lol! Parking brake cable still isnt fixed. And now I'm starting to get noise out of the rear brakes again. I'll pull the drums off, clean and adjust, and if they still do it, live with it until I can afford a disc brake swap. Still a huge improvement over what it was before but it's still not right lol :banghead: I don't think I'll ever be content with it lmao. It looks decent though!

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
How about an update...
Rear suspension still creaks. When I turn the wheel to the right, I hear brake squeal. Not usually when turned left but it does happen occasionally. If I push the truck back and forth from the side of the bed, something sounds... loose? I don't know the best way to descibe it. I'll have to get a video of what I'm talking about. Interior LEDs are giving me issues. The AC still doesn't work lol! Parking brake cable still isnt fixed. And now I'm starting to get noise out of the rear brakes again. I'll pull the drums off, clean and adjust, and if they still do it, live with it until I can afford a disc brake swap. Still a huge improvement over what it was before but it's still not right lol :banghead: I don't think I'll ever be content with it lmao. It looks decent though!

have you ever done leaf spring/shackle bushings? those or u joints might be your creaking.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
have you ever done leaf spring/shackle bushings? those or u joints might be your creaking.
I replaced them in December. New u joint too. The creaking is definitely coming from the leaf spring clamps. I just haven't dealt with it yet