Grandpa's 1995 C1500 Reborn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
You just can't seem to catch a brake from drums can you? (Bad pun I know) I know I hate drums too, but haven't really had any problems from my Jeep when I had drums, before I did a disc brake swap, and haven't had any problems from either axle I've had under the Yukon.

Oh well, at least when you do a disc brake swap your problems should be over.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
You just can't seem to catch a brake from drums can you? (Bad pun I know) I know I hate drums too, but haven't really had any problems from my Jeep when I had drums, before I did a disc brake swap, and haven't had any problems from either axle I've had under the Yukon.

Oh well, at least when you do a disc brake swap your problems should be over.
I wish I could blame the drum brakes for all of my problems but I'm sue I'm not doing something right. I've heard that cheap quality brakes could be the cause (I use the duralast from vatozone), I've heard of people sanding the sharp edges of the shoes off becuase those can catch and dig in, I've heard of people grinfding the contact points on the backing plate down a little. All sorts of stuff. My opinion will never change though. I F'n hate drum brakes.

I'm honestly considering making the truck look like this again (except for the tonneau, exhaust, and darker tint) and tossing a 5.3 in there and just driving it. I want to get a superduty (7.3) or a 25/3500 ram (cummins) 4x4 but I'm far from it.

You must be registered for see images

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
No no don't go back to that lol you got it perfect- well besides those z71 stickers :deal:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I do not want to swap axles again. What prop valve did you use again? Is it the 3/8-24 invented flare one?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
See where the one I posted says "for 1/4 brake lines" (under "includes")? Lol! Thanks for the link.