Got some heartbreaking news today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Truth be known, it adds character to the truck. Like look what it has been through, and look at it now (once its done ). Its one of the things I like about mine. Here is a pic of my fender bender back in 2010. My truck looks grate now. It gets comps al the time.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good news for you!!

Unless it a really good deal on the replacement fender, I'd find a junkyard fender and completely prep and repaint that before putting an aftermarket one on the truck. The aftermarkets are thinner and don't fit quite as nice. Also, the gm original front bumper should also still be available.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad to hear this is all working out for you. I would look into weather you can just keep your original title since the truck is not changing owners. They let us do that in Ma. If you keep the truck no salvage title.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And it begins. I told my guy to send me some pictures of the process as it goes. Found someone who can restore the seats too so that's getting done. This would be a great time to replace speakers if I didn't already have them rerouted to a sub box under the bench.

Last edited:

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
She's on the comeback. Pictures sent from home today. Door was a great junkyard find.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Received these over the weekend. Things are getting close and shaping up very nice.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also the seats got brand new padding, vinyl, and cloth, and the new bed side was stamped back together.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Damn!

Neat to see it being resurrected. Certainly different from what a lot of us on this forum would have done! When my 98 got totaled it was just not worth it to repair. A knocking engine that kept on ticking, bed hit the back of the cab, frame bent, just too much work and looking back it would have been a nightmare to go through fixing it. I did get my Dodge out of the deal and that thing is like my baby!