Got some heartbreaking news today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Official word is we have the title in hand and this chapter is finally over. Thanks to everyone for all the advice and support. I’m going home ASAP to get back in it and give it a very well needed hands on wax.

1BigCarrot

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad you have your truck back and you are happy with it. Hat's off to your mechanic tho, let alone for owning up to his mistake but standing by his word and making it good. (possibly - better than what is was). I'd buy him a box of beer and say thanks. Mistakes happen but there are not too many people left on this planet that will own up to their own, let alone fix them out of their own pocket to see you right.

Last edited:

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad you have your truck back and you are happy with it. Hat's off to your mechanic tho, let along for owning up to his mistake but standing by his word and making it good. (possibly - better than what is was). I'd buy him a box of beer and say thanks. Mistakes happen but there are not too many people left on this planet that will own up to their own, let along fix them out of their own pocket to see you right.
Man you ain’t lyin. Shade tree mechanics are a dying breed but we’re lucky enough to be very close with him and his family. You’re also right that it came out better than it was, considering the fresh paint, recovered seats, new trim, and the new torque converter which was the original problem. Tough situation but we definitely got the best case scenario on this one. And don’t worry, anytime he’s ever worked on my truck we always throw in a nice case of Michelob with whatever the cost is.:cheers:

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Official word is we have the title in hand and this chapter is finally over. Thanks to everyone for all the advice and support. I’m going home ASAP to get back in it and give it a very well needed hands on wax.
Awesome... don't remember when the paint was done but.... make sure it's totally dry before you sex it... I can not remember the wait time between freshly painted and able to wax though... maybe someone here remembers... just a heads up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Came home from spring break early and washed, waxed, and ran a tank of gas through her this weekend. I was on vacation this week but this was by far the best part. Felt like I was in high school again riding around just for the hell of it.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Truck looks amazing! What a process this has been with your truck, glad you're back to driving her! :D