Good headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheerdude63

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to this forum. I have recently become in need of a new engine or engine swap. I thought while I had the motor out I would do the exhaust and start with some headers and then open the 7.4 up with some bigger exhaust. I have been looking for some long tube headers for the 96-00 2500 4x4 7.4 but can't seem to find any long tubes. I have heard that his really wakes these bad boys up. Does anyone know of any and where to find them.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I dont know if anybody makes headers for these trucks anymore. Doug Thorley might, but im not sure.

I was able to find a set on craigslist, so far, im happy with them. best part is the Ceramic Coating, the engine bay is wayyyyyyy cooler at normal operating temp.

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I dont know if anybody makes headers for these trucks anymore. Doug Thorley might, but im not sure.

I was able to find a set on craigslist, so far, im happy with them. best part is the Ceramic Coating, the engine bay is wayyyyyyy cooler at normal operating temp.

You must be registered for see images attach

How about performance? Those look like 454 TBI headers.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
It was noticeable, It didnt change my life though. they are TBI headers. just showing what the Doug thorleys look like, There very well made, Unfortunately There Customer service is one of the worst in the industry. Ill never buy a new set off of them.

I have seen these headers on craigslist a couple times around $200. They did make Headers for 96-00 (classic) but they are discontinued now.

cheerdude63

Reaction score
So no long tubes uh? That sucks because I will loose some torque with mids. Obviously they would be better than the stock manifolds for sure. Well if you anyone knows about long tubs for these trucks let me know. Thanks.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Bingo. I'm leaning toward the coated JBAs with C6Z cats and dual 3" into single 4" with a pair of Magnaflows in series is what I'm currently leaning toward. Thankfully the CCLB configuration leaves lots of room for exhaust. I need to go measure, but I'd like to place the Y right behind the t-case dead center wih equal length front pipes seeing how that front chunk of driveshaft doesn't move.

BBSteve

Reaction score
Bingo. I'm leaning toward the coated JBAs with C6Z cats and dual 3" into single 4" with a pair of Magnaflows in series is what I'm currently leaning toward. Thankfully the CCLB configuration leaves lots of room for exhaust. I need to go measure, but I'd like to place the Y right behind the t-case dead center wih equal length front pipes seeing how that front chunk of driveshaft doesn't move.

BBSteve

Reaction score
Hello,I got a set of long tube HEDMAN headers for my 88 with a 7.4 from summit. These headers fit perfectly.