Going to look at a 90 Stepside, what ya think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Well not exactly what i was looking for, but close enough.

1990 Silverado step side,(flare side?) 350 5speed. 2 wheel drive Single cab, short bed. 65k original miles, new paint. $3500 asking price. 4 hr drive to look at it... Pictures look good.

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
a few more pictures

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last one. Talked to his son on Facebook. I need to call his dad now.... I am very interested in it.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the surrounding junk yard, roof spoiler, side exhaust pipe and whatever is going on with the rear tires, I'd look out for hack repair jobs.

It looks like a $2500 truck.

Not sure what your budget is or plans for it would be, but for that price there are more unmolested examples around.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/6047147825.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the surrounding junk yard, roof spoiler, side exhaust pipe and whatever is going on with the rear tires, I'd look out for hack repair jobs.

It looks like a $2500 truck.

Not sure what your budget is or plans for it would be, but for that price there are more unmolested examples around.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/6047147825.html

looks like a nice one. .. I talked to the guy. he has a small shop in Sherman. He got it out of some guys field...,It had been setting for 8 years or so.. He put a new clutch in it, rebuilt the front end, put door panels from a newer Suburban. A/C stopped working, it did at first no light on the control unit... Someone told him that it was the circuit board. He said it smokes a little when you first start it up. Valve seals from setting up so long?

So that's his story.

What Transmission would that,V6 have it... it says Automatic transmission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe the 4L60e came out for 1993, not sure if the six used it or the 700R4/4L60.

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does sound like the price is on the high side on the 90 step side. That 93 looks good. I wad going to look at a 88 with the engine out... The blue one,may be the way to go

I had a GMT400 with a V6 and a 5 speed that I liked.. I don't remember the year anymore

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The 4.3L V6 used a 4l60E in 93. That is what I had in my 93 WT LWB I keep that truck for 10 years. I paid $3200 for it in late 1999, with fresh paint. It was a grate truck. When the trans went out at about 285000 miles, I sold it to a co worker for $500 in late 2009

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Soooooo... he says he put a new clutch in... yet it's an automatic????? Is it one of those very rare... standamatics???.....lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
the rear tires DO look funky. newer seats. 4 hours is a long way to go just to kick the tires. is there anyone close to it that can get close and personal to it?