GMT800 ABS retrofit onto GMT400 truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Br1an

Reaction score
So my question is as the title asks. Has it been done? I almost feel like someone has before but still, how hard is it? And is it worth it? Im going to be swapping pretty much the whole front suspension to 06 3/4 ton parts, the front differential is going to be an AAM 9.25" ifs differential and the CV axles are going to be RCV units, the internal axle shafts are going to be Fleece Performance units, and its going to have an ARB air locker.

Im going to go with a Bds lift kit that way I have both the ride height I want and the knuckles for the project. Anyway, I'm going to use 06 half ton hubs because I cant find upgraded brakes for the GMT400 hubs and so I figured why not at least try it. HOWEVER, my questions start with the rear axle. I'm going to using a Torq Motorsports 14 bolt axle housing with one of their center sections with a matching ARB air locker and 4.10 gears, 40 spline 300m steel axle shafts, and aluminum six lug wheel hubs. How does the tone ring for the module come into this? Would the sensor mount on the caliper bracket? And since I'm going to be going with a hydrobooster off an 06 Duramax truck would I need the module off of the same truck? Or could I use one off of an 06 half ton?

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk