GMT800 4WD T-Bar Keys in 2WD GMT400?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcolfax

Reaction score
Trying to help a young man out... He's 17 and an Eagle Scout... His grandfather gave him a near mint 98 C1500 Burb with barely 100k on it.

It's bone stock.

He'd like to make it more "his" so I offered to help him out if I could.

I've got a set of 1.5" rear lift blocks left from my 96 K1500 Burb.

I've got the front T-Bar Keys from my 06 (GMT 800) 4wd Z71 Burb.

Would swapping in my NBS 4wd keys give him any lift in the front (like indexed keys do)?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
C1500's don't have any keys, as they don't have torsion bars, since they are not 4WD. It has the coil suspension in the front.

cmcolfax

Reaction score
C1500's don't have any keys, as they don't have torsion bars, since they are not 4WD. It has the coil suspension in the front.
Damnit. Didn't even think about that.

Was just looking thru my pile o' parts to see what I could give him your help him out.

He's a good kid.

Was gonna give him my OE 17" rims from my NBS, but the dayum 2wd's are 5-lug.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya, if only he had a 4WD, those parts you have would come in handy for him.

cmcolfax

Reaction score
My comment on that video:

Stoopid Kidz. :rolleyes:

That sounds like straight poop.

If you want an "aggressive" sound, do it right.

If you're 17 and don't have any cash, save some. Don't spend it all on other stoopid chit.

Personally, I would recommend the Gibson Super Truck, with the
side exit just forward of the rear wheels.

Great tone. And gives you a little more volume/louder sound because it does away with the multiple bends and 6+ feet of pipe up and over the axle and out.

Oh, and before you start with the smartarse comments, I've been wrenching, building, and modifing various trucks for 20+ years.

Longer than these knuckleheads have been alive.

cmcolfax

Reaction score
When he’s 37 he’ll look back and wish he’d just maintained it nice and stock like grampa did. But I get it, we all did the same thing at 17.
He really just wants to get rid of the steep front 2wd rake and make it sound a little better.

Not crazy modded.

He's not a huge "car guy".

I know him thru Scouting and he knows I am an enthusiast and decent with a wrench so he came to me for advice and help.