GMT400 Lift Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

^^^ 3" body i believe 2" blocks with crank on 36s name = bama2door

^^^bds with 37s name = mgrotel

^^^ rcx + 3" body with 38.5s

^^^ cepek and 36s name i believe = gatortrout

^^^rcx + 3" body 39.5s i believe name = Txwhitez71

^^^ superlift and 315s

^^^ bggrnchvy nuff said

^^^ superlift and 3" body 36x15.50s on 16x10s

so i messed up and bought a levelling kit with keys and blocks before joining. Should i just leave the stock keys and and tighten the $hit out of em or go ahead and put them in....really just trying to clear my wheel tire combo w/o rubbing. 18'' wheels and like a 275/65/18ish maybe wider

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
275/65/18? That will clear stock no adjustments.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i messed up and bought a levelling kit with keys and blocks before joining. Should i just leave the stock keys and and tighten the $hit out of em or go ahead and put them in....really just trying to clear my wheel tire combo w/o rubbing. 18'' wheels and like a 275/65/18ish maybe wider

Agreed with ts96 and that the 275/65/R18 would be like a narrow 32" tire. As long as your rims do not have much offset should fit with very little cranking.

The leveling keys will net you no lift over the stockers and I wouldnt recomend to "tighten the $hit" out of the stock keys either, just to hard on things.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cool thanks for the advice. i tightened the stock keys up today think it got me about a 1.5''. the kit i got came with blocks for the back but i might not even put them on. My buddy just got a set of cooper stt's that measured at like a 35x13.50 i believe, so im gonna run those so long as they tuck fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260748450546#ht_2412wt_1165 thats whats sitting in a box in the bed of my beater lol

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nope not yet. transmission isnt in it yet :p should get that mated up and when i get the tires i'm gettin the alignment done.

305/60r18 should fit i'd think its only .6'' taller than a 275/65 but its like 2'' wider lol

Last edited:

Dazrin

Reaction score
So, I have seen a couple references to the Zone Offroad 6" kit, but I don't see it referenced in this thread. Anyone have any experience or opinions on this lift? They only list they only list 1/2 and 6 lug 3/4 ton pickups, but will it work for a Tahoe? What about a 2-door Tahoe? They say "3-point differential mounting system correctly positions the differential so the factory driveshaft can be used", does this really play out (even with Autotrac)? Based on prices, saving the $300-$400 on a new driveshaft could be enough to make them the best price for me.

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=397

Last edited: