GMT400 Lift Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking to do away with rear lift blocks and use leafs to get my desired lift. Who makes good leaf springs that can give me 4"-6" of lift? I also wanmt to replace the hangers as well. Looking for a good source for good quality built shackle mounts and hangers

I know ORD makes a shackle flip kit but I think it looks like crap hanging that low under the frame

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check out deaver springs..... very well built so keep in in you will pay for them... I never had the cash when I had my jeep but know plenty that use them in there jeeps and other off road vehicles.. they all rave about them......
http://www.deaverspring.com/products/chevrolet-leaf-springs/1500-2wd4wd-1988-1998/

sent from what use to be a great nation...

$775-$800 for a pair!! wow! Not sure I want to spend that on a street cruiser. I'll look into them though

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can find them used on occasion...... like I said though.... they are top of the line spring but you will pay for it...lol...

They are so smooth too and yet have great rebound and are not stiff enough to pogo you like some cheaper springs do..

sent from what use to be a great nation...

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the quality of the 3" RCX suspension lift? Kind of want to do 6" but for money and less wear and tear ima do 3" and some 33's on my RCSB.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
4" kit would give you the least wear and tear since angles are better than stock. As far as wear and tear goes there's not going to be much difference between the 3" and 6", but of course if you go with a 6" and 35s, regearing will become more important.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I did a little more research and found a thread about the 3" RCX suspension lift and that the 3" isn't very well put together and found that the 4" fits very good and like ^^^ said causes little wear and tear and the 4" is the 6" without crank and blocks. So now thinking about getting the 4" and probably some 285's and Mickey Thompson Classic III's. Thanks! Might start a build thread later. I had to put in new A/C evaporator and it was the biggest pain.

Last edited:

LSUfan71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to some decent instructions and maybe pics on removing the front differential?

I've searched all over and can't find anything on my own.

I really, really need to do an oil pan gasket and I've decided to get the diff down. I'd like as much knowledge in advance as possible. Thanks.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really not that hard... remove skid plate, unbolt front drives haft at diff and either let it hang or tie it up to the frame outta the way, remove crossmember that goes under the pan, unbolt axles and let them hang, undo electrical for diff, unbolt diff to diff supports and wiggle it out....

sent from what use to be a great country...