gmt400 K1500 rear disc conversion w/ master cylinder upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

57drht57

Reaction score
I haven’t mentioned it to them yet, been busy with other stuff currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right on. Well, I'm glad you had good results with the mods, it gives me the confidence to pull the trigger and buy the parts. Let me know if you get the parking brake sorted. Thanks again!

DG1996

Reaction score
Any updates on this? I'm interested in doing the same thing but, would like the functionality of the parking brake

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bump, looking at the Little Shop disc kit but need a parking brake

Crytone

Reaction score

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LSM does offer a caliper with parking brake (from an El Dorado I believe).

Personally, I like the idea of DIY. Get a 60mm spacer (or 20mm for the 10 bolt rear) and then you can use the NBS rear brake setup. The SUVs had 2 piston calipers (with parking brakes!) and ~13" rotors.

More info here:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/13-nbs-rear-disc-on-14-bolt-sf.1856/

thanks, I saw their parking brake option but was referring to the difficulty the people above mentioned getting the stock brake cable to work with it

DamHoodlum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everything in my LSM fit perfect, i didnt have to do anything but pull the cables thru and tighten down the stop. Drove my truck today, still amazed how great the brakes work

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
thanks, I saw their parking brake option but was referring to the difficulty the people above mentioned getting the stock brake cable to work with it
I installed their kit a little while ago. Had a bit of hassle to make everything work. Bleeding the calipers were a pain in the neck. I haven't had the motivation to fiddle with the parking brake yet, so I'm running with no parking brake currently. My driver's side parking brake cable doesn't currently reach the mounting point. Depending on how I feel, I might give it another shot next weekend...

If you do end up going with this kit, here's a few tips:

1. Do yourself a favor and pull the axles. I cannot see how people could cut the drum backing plate off AND slide their caliper bracket on. The LSMFG bracket opening to slide around the axle housing is way too small.

2. Before tightening down the caliper bracket, rotate the bracket so the bleeder valve on the caliper is at the 12 o' clock position. The brakes will NOT bleed properly unless you do this.

3. Get a GMT800 MC. The pedal feel was god-awful until I replaced my OEM one. Keep in mind, I replaced my old MC with a new GMT400 OEM MC last year, so I knew my master wasn't bad.

If you're doing the kit as an aesthetic thing, then yeah I'd say it's worth it. As far as performance gains go, I wouldn't say it was worth the hassle. The only thing I really loved (aside from the way it looks) is the new pedal feel thanks to the GMT800 MC. I almost feel like my improved braking is more due to the MC rather than the brake kit TBH.