GMT400 History

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Some 1500 '99s are GMT 400s. The 2500 and 3500 trucks went to 2000, but I bet a few might of made it to be '01s. The 3500 HD trucks went to 2002, and toward the end had 8.1L motors.

Also, the '94s are the first ones to have 3rd brake lights and '94 was also the year the grilles changed.

3/4ton's went till '02, i looked at a 2002 OBS CCSB last year at GM.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
also '94 was introduction of the new grille and newer syle third brake light...another theory i hear from ppl and on some formums is that the 98's were somewhat a year alone in the engine compartment, from what ive heard just in the 98's they redesigned the heads or something therefore it produced more engine output.. someone mind clearing this up? BTW great thred

Head redesign is a lie, they are still 062's or 906's

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Not yet. I don't wanna post pics start modding it and get attached to it I bought it strictly to turn around and resell it after i did some cleaning up on it....I need money. Might as well follow my old man's foot steps Buying/Selling trucks.

this is what it looked like when i bought it.....i've de-old manned it since then and put on 285's for the winter. i think my old man is going to drive it during the winter while i try to sell it.
You must be registered for see images attach

HI!

Hows your little RCSB doing?

low98

Reaction score
My 98 gmc air box is different then my girlfriend 97 gmc both C1500, the center of the steering wheel is different, the Gmc logo on the back was just GMC on mine and Was GMCTruck on her's. Also the 3rd door was an option not standard. Also my dad seems to believe my truck came stock with 16 inch wheels on it, i dont know if it is true saying it was over eleven years ago when we had those but they did change stuff between the 97-98 years.

crossy's son

Reaction score
My 98 gmc air box is different then my girlfriend 97 gmc both C1500, the center of the steering wheel is different, the Gmc logo on the back was just GMC on mine and Was GMCTruck on her's. Also the 3rd door was an option not standard. Also my dad seems to believe my truck came stock with 16 inch wheels on it, i dont know if it is true saying it was over eleven years ago when we had those but they did change stuff between the 97-98 years.

I'm 99% sure 2wd trucks never came stock with any kind of 16" wheels.....

mroth2008

Reaction score
1995 bell housings are not specific to that year, they do swap, its a rumour I just finished using stuff out of a 1995 gm pickup into 1988 chev pickup mainly motor, even so if the bellhousing was different the motor wouldn't of bolted up to my turbo400.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score

4x4's came factory with 16's, 2wd's 15's.