GMT400 History

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
They did change something for '98, but it's in the computer. I have a programmer that will work on the '98+ Vortec 305 & 350, but it won't work on the '96-'97.

Sorry, I was messing with you about your programmer ^^^.... nevermind

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry, I was messing with you about your programmer ^^^.... nevermind

Oh. Forgot about that post.

It wouldn't do you any good anyhow. It doesn't even do me any good, unfortunately. Even though I returned the tuning to stock on my '99 Yukon before I got rid of it, the programmer is still coded to that VIN and is worthless.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They get locked onto a VIN so you can't use them on multiple vehicles, but usually if you remove the program, you can then program another vehicle. I guess mine doesn't work that way. Dammit.

crossy's son

Reaction score
NOthing was mentioned about the F44 package. Factory 14b 9.5 rear with 1500 Badging but Higher GVW and Bigger rear brakes. And + 1 more leaf spring in the pack. Pretty sure this was available from 88-98 in GMt400 trucks but 88-94 they were badged as 2500's but Still 6 lug just with the F44 package.

95+ F44 trucks were badged as 1500 but were identically equipped to 88-94 trucks.

crossy's son

Reaction score
Not yet. I don't wanna post pics start modding it and get attached to it I bought it strictly to turn around and resell it after i did some cleaning up on it....I need money. Might as well follow my old man's foot steps Buying/Selling trucks.

this is what it looked like when i bought it.....i've de-old manned it since then and put on 285's for the winter. i think my old man is going to drive it during the winter while i try to sell it.
You must be registered for see images attach