GMT400 Frame strength for 900hp street truck ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richincanada

Reaction score
Impressive numbers there and what a brew of fuel there lol
no doubt lol. He is the man with these LSX engines, I'd even be happy with a (stock48's pick- isky triple 12 cam) and a 3000 ish stall multi-disc lockup converter / 4L80e and a smaller turbo with 93 pump and meth, still be about 700 HP ! I'd like to do this in a 2 door Tahoe, man these LSX engines make big power too easily (I had a few blower and turbo 5.0s when I was younger) Looking up the transfer case to work with a 4L80e right now (push button)

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
There are probably hundreds of 800's running around with similar combo's not taco'ing their frames.

I have never, ever seen a frame failure due to application of power alone.

I have however, heard plenty of hill billies tell me about their old Camaro wid dat dere fo fiddy 4, fo bolt main made some much power dat sumbitch twisted the frame up like a twizzler when the tars hooked.

So, I agree with the other posters, you should plan to run a cage, and stiffen the chassis, but if there's nothing wrong with it now, it won't fail.

richincanada

Reaction score
There are probably hundreds of 800's running around with similar combo's not taco'ing their frames.

I have never, ever seen a frame failure due to application of power alone.

I have however, heard plenty of hill billies tell me about their old Camaro wid dat dere fo fiddy 4, fo bolt main made some much power dat sumbitch twisted the frame up like a twizzler when the tars hooked.

So, I agree with the other posters, you should plan to run a cage, and stiffen the chassis, but if there's nothing wrong with it now, it won't fail.

Was this in reference to the 400 or 800 (or both ?) being a driver, it won't be getting a bar/cage, but I can and will have the frame 'boxed' / strenghthend

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Was this in reference to the 400 or 800 (or both ?) being a driver, it won't be getting a bar/cage, but I can and will have the frame 'boxed' / strenghthend

I'm not sure which part you mean. It was in general. You want to make 5 times stock power, you should do some chassis work if you ever want to use more than 1/4 throttle lol.

richincanada

Reaction score
I understand, just the first bit of your post referred to 800s while I was asking about 400s...but thanks :)

D_EATON

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or you could keep uping the hp and see when the frame actually breaks and then report back and let us know Lol