Gmt400 Deer storys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
Everybody tell your best deer story involving your gmt400 or another vehicle you own.

I hit a deer Wednesday night, broke nothing but my Alabama tag (Roll Tide).
You must be registered for see images

Little ole spike.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have hit countless deer in my 98, but I've also hauled quite a few in the back too! LOL (No pics that I can come up with though)

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I hit three in my 98. First one ran into my drivers side door, no damage. Second time I was driving down a road and hit one at 60mph, luckily the thing hit the edge of my bumper and bounced off.

Third time wasn't bad but pissed me off. Going down a hill and smacked one at 65mph. Took out some of my grille, turn signal, filler below the grille, and the harness for my turn signals were wrecked so I cut some off another harness and soldered them together. Immediately after hitting the deer I drove out 30 minutes to my 94 parts truck to steal it's grille.

Photo I took literally 3 minutes before hitting the deer:
You must be registered for see images attach

Aftermath - which is like lucky because I didn't ruin a hood, fender, or bumper:
You must be registered for see images attach

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Waaayyyyy back in the day like 6 years ago lol. I hit the only deer ive ever hit in my tahoe (my moms at the time). i was booking it down a back road at about 3am comin home from my girlfriends at the time. I smacked it doing about 65-70mph and when i stopped to check out the damage it wiped out the bumper, grille, hood, headlights and since it rolled down the side it took out the passenger mirror, ripped off the molding on the door and **** all down he side lol. I panicked (i was 16) and drove to a buddys house just down the road and asked him what i should do. He said call the cops and get a police report. So thats what i did, and a county cop comes out that ive known my whole life and he said my mom was going to kill me, told me to get home since i still had a probationary license and i just got my license back, and he gave me a police report (i got it taken away a couple months after i got it for dumb stuff but thats a story for another time). So thats what i did, went home, woke my mom up and told her, she was super pissed and took my truck while hers got fixed (it ended up being totalled for a second time, once again a story for another time) and she told me i had to pay her $500 deductible, which i did lol.