Gibson Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything wrong with Gibson exhaust. I personally don't have any first hand experience with them but if you want to save a little cash check out this eBay seller:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/performance-curve?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

I just bought a Jones Max Flow muffler, 3" mandrel bent tail pipe, and stainless tip for $181 with free shipping. Installed in about 3 hours and sounds great. He has many different Name Brand mufflers and several tail pipe options available and it is quality stuff.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run a very similar Gibson kit on my red truck and I love it. A little louder than stock but minimal drone, and according to my mechanic it went together very easily. I bought an aluminized kit like the one you linked instead of full stainless and have no regrets, it's been holding up just fine for the better part of a decade now.

jasons99hoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run a very similar Gibson kit on my red truck and I love it. A little louder than stock but minimal drone, and according to my mechanic it went together very easily. I bought an aluminized kit like the one you linked instead of full stainless and have no regrets, it's been holding up just fine for the better part of a decade now.
yes they sound good. i got rid of my flowmasters cuz they have tons of drone especially if its dumped. dynomax have a goos sound too with minimal drone. i got bullets on mine but mine is very loud

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the Gibson cat back split rear stainless 2.5" system. LOVE IT!!!! One of these days I am going for the stainless headers, too! 1998 C1500 Extended Cab short bed, auto, 5.7

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We have the Gibson on our Yukon and it sounds great. As mentioned, no drone and a nice, deep, mellow tone.

Shebrolet

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
any notable gains in performance? I wouldn't expect night and day difference, just curious if any gains at all.