Gen V L83 swap in OBS Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vannatta20

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post here on the forums. A little about my back ground. I work at Motech in Las Vegas NV. We do LS Swaps in JK Jeeps. About a year ago we started doing the Gen V engines and I really believe in these engines. The engines make incredible power and torque. It make torque at very low RPM's which moves the heavy jeeps effortlessly. The 6L80e is still looked at like black magic but as long as you have it matched to the engine computer it works amazing. I can get these to shift super fast and shift so firm hit roasts the tires. Not really a good thing but its fun knowing you can. They are very strong and reliable. We do about 50 swaps a year and so far no tranny issues.

Now for my project.
1996 2 Door Tahoe. Very clean. Lacks in power and fuel economy.

You must be registered for see images attach

vannatta20

Reaction score
Drivetrain is out! First order of business is to test fit the engine. I am using our mounts from work designed for jeep swaps as a base. I will use a rubber mount designed for a 2001 corvette.
I have no idea yet if the truck accessory drive will fit. If it does this saves me alot of $$. I have the Holley kit as a backup in the meantime. I will use the original transfer case. I just need to swap the input gear (19019 part number) to a 4L80e transfer case gear. This will match the splines of the 6L80E. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BZ9MH5A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X2 Looking forward to the progress. also, I would give my left or right one for an interior that clean

vannatta20

Reaction score
Couple rough pics of the engine in. The engine fits perfectly in the 4x4 frame!

vannatta20

Reaction score
Modded the stock Tahoe engine harness. Took some time and this would be one of the more complicated things to do on the swap.

Before. Huge mess!

After. Much better. All plug and play now